Epson Scanner V600 Setup: A Comprehensive Guide
Epson is one of the leading brands that is known for the best products it offers to its clients. Epson Scanner V600 is once such a great device. It enables you to make the most of your documents and photos with a range of special features, which are delivered with high speed and high quality. You can be as enthusiastic about scanning your documents and photos as you are capturing them.
The great thing is that this will work on your photos as well as on your documents. Additionally, the Epson scanner V600 is a flatbed scanner capable of scanning 120 films in the 35 mm film. It is also compatible with Energy Star, and effectively uses energy to search LED technology. So, you can expect the high-quality scanning with very low power consumption and with no warmup time required for scanning via Epson scanner V600.
Most of the people use it preferably for its advanced features. Many users also reported buying this product but do not know the setup process for the Epson scanner V600. If you don’t know the process either, then this article will help. You will get all the details you need about the setup process for the Epson Perfection V600 Setup here.
Know the Complete Procedure for Epson Perfection V600 Setup:
After purchasing this unit, you might wonder about the Epson scanner V600 setup process. Before setting up this device, you have to remove the Epson scanner from the box and also remove all the packing elements from your scanner. Now, we are going to discuss the setup process of this printer. Let’s have a look at the section below:
Step 1 – Install the SCSI Interface Board
You have to install the SCSI program and the SCSI board before downloading this scanner driver and device applications. To do that, follow the points:
- Power off the computer, and any devices outside.
- Then remove all power cords, and detach all cables from your computer’s back side.
- Lift the cover up from the computer.
- Enter the interface board into an empty ISA 16-bit expansion slot; then adjust it with the help of screw retention.
- Displace the computer cover and connect all the cables again.
Step 2 – Install the Optional Transparency Unit
Now you have to install the optional transparency unit on your scanner. To do that, go through the steps mentioned below:
- Ensure that the optical assembly on the transparency unit is unlocked. You have to push down to move the slider to the unlock symbol. The optical assembly must be in the home position.
- Put the hinge brackets on the transparency unit into the slots at the back of the scanner.
- Put the cable connected to the transparency unit into the OPTION connector on the back of the scanner
- Find the power adapter, and attach the power adapter plug to the transparency device back carefully.
- Connect the power cord to the battery adapter and insert into the wall socket the other end of the power cord.
Step 3 – Unlock the Scanner
You’ll need to unlock the scanner after downloading the optional transparency package. Then, the paper cover is raised and the carriage lock is turned to the unlock spot.
Step 4 – Set the SCSI ID Number
The scanner is set from the factory to SCSI ID 5. If this the problem, then you have to change the number. Use the small top screwdriver to turn the rotary switch backside. Make sure you must choose the unique number that is not in conflict with other SCSI devices.
Step 5 – Connect the Scanner to your Computer
Once you attach the scanner to the machine, both the device and the scanner have to be switched off. To do so, follow the points out below:
- First, locate the connector cable and take the SCSI connector and attach it to the one end of the scanner at the bottom. Connect it to the SCSI port on your computer or other SCSI devices after that, is another end.
Next you need to find the terminator SCSI. If the scanner is the only SCSI device, you will be able to connect to your computer or if it is the last device in the SCSI chain the SCSI terminator into the empty SCSI connector on the back side of the scanner.
- Then, attach the power cable to the scanner.
- After doing this, connect the power cables for your computer, scanner, and
other outside SCSI devices.
Step 6 – Install the SCSI Software
The SCSI software must now be installed on your system. To do that, execute the below steps:
- First, power on the Scanner and switch on the Computer.
- Then, insert the Epson Scanner V600 CD-ROM into the CD port of the system. (If the Epson Scanner V600 installer opens, click on the Exit option.)
- Click on the browser and change to your CD_ROM drive. Now, you will find that the SCSI driver has started the installation process.
- Once it is done, power off your scanner and wait for a few seconds and again turn it on
Step 7 – Install the Epson Scanner V600 Software
You must install the SCSI card and SCSI driver before you start, and also ensure that your scanner is attached and switched on to your computer. Now, the Epson scanner V600 program must be installed on your computer. Follow the directions given below to do that:
- Start your system and insert the CD to install the driver.
- Now, you can see the installer window page opens. If you do not see this page, then go to the File menu, select the Run option. Then, you have to write D:\setup and click on the OK option.
- If the installer page opens, click on the Install option to install the scanner drivers. To complete the installation process, follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
- Once it gets completed, restart your PC instructions carefully.
- Once it gets completed, restart your PC.
Step 8 – Test the Connection
After connecting all the connectors, then you have to test the connection. Follow the points cited below to test the connection:
- Start the Test Scanner.
- Click the Check link below.
- Then, press the button Scan.
- If the test is completed, you will see a message that the scanning process is successful.
Conclusion of Epson Perfection V600 Setup
Now, after carefully reading this post, you get a detailed knowledge of the setup process for the Epson Scanner V600 setup. Hopefully, this article helps you set up this scanner on your computer. If you face any problem after performing all of the above steps, then you can contact a professional for help.
Related Blog : Epson Scanner Communication Error