Epson printers are one of the most popular printer brands, highly preferred by professionals at office and students at home. These printers are known for cutting-edge technology, reliability, and brilliant performance. Over the past decade, these user-friendly printers have gained huge popularity because of its versatile features. It is not only used for printing but also for scanning and photo printing, delivering amazing picture quality. Despite having cool features, Epson printers also suffer some fatal errors. At times, it is difficult to resolve these issues. One such technical error is the Epson Printer Error Code E-01
What is the Epson Printer Error Code E-01?
Seamless printing can be disturbed by error codes and messages in your printer. Epson Error code E-01 is one of the common printer errors which you can face at any time during a printing session.
Epson printer error E-01 is detected by the Epson manual as a fatal error. It means the printer is unable to complete the self-test. When you turn on the printer, it begins to check all its systems and components. The error exactly takes place when the printer begins booting after the self-starts the process. This is when it generates E-01 error code. If you feel lost after facing the error code, keep reading the write up so that you can get an understanding of the printer error code and know why it occurs. Go for affordable printer repair services if you want to trust the experts with recurrent printer errors.
Common Reasons Which Lead to Error Code E0-1
After a certain point of time, your printer loses its endurance. The generation of the error code is a sign that internal applications are not working properly. Excessive printer usage can reduce the productivity of the printer over time. If you are facing this error code quite often, take a look at the factors which might be responsible for the issue:
- Often, the position of the CD tray position gets unsettled, leading to error code E-01.
- Tangled cable wires can prevent proper power supply to the printer which may hinder the self-start process.
- At times, the printer transportation locking procedure is malfunctioning. Trouble in storing the lock in appropriate position increases the risk of encountering this error.
- Printer drivers can be obsolete, which affects the working of your Epson printer
- Do you have CISS installed in your printer? CISS can make the carriage stops moving. As a result of which, you might face this problem.
This printer error can also occur when the internal components start losing its endurance. Error code E-01 is hard to address and will often compel you to look for Epson printer repair near you.
Essential Solutions to Fix Epson Printer Error Code E-01
After you encounter the error, it is evident that you will seek technical help. But before that, it is recommended to go through these quick steps.
1. Check power connectivity:
The moment you come across error code E-01, unplug the power connection and switch off the printer for 5 minutes. Turn on the printer. After this procedure, make sure you remove the transportation lock. After turning on the printer, check the initialization process of all the units of the printer. Along with these, make sure the power connectivity from the wall socket is secure and the wires are not tangled amongst each other. Tangled wires cause serious issues for any technical device and damages the productivity.
2. Inspect the CISS and Cartridge loading area:
If your printer has an installed CISS, try to see whether the printer cartridge is swiftly moving both left and right. The ink tubes might restrict the cartridge’s movement. Hence, it is recommended to use authentic print cartridges when you run the printer. Install the CISS accurately. Try to remove the cartridge from the loading area of the carriage only by an inch. It can harm your printer if the procedure is not correctly followed. Go for Epson printer repair if necessary and do not complicate issues any further.
3. Start your System under safe mode:
You can try running your desktop on safe mode and inspect whether the printer is still displaying the error. If yes, then go ahead for a printer support by checking other solutions for fixing issues with Epson printer. Alternatively, keep a check on the internet connectivity if your printer works on the WiFi mode enabling AirPrint. Try to have a secure internet connection to control the impacts of the error code.
Easy maintenance tips to keep error code E-01 away:
- Remove excess dust from the printer. Maintain your printer by using the original Epson components.
- There can be conflicts among software programs that will be preventing the Epson printer driver on the PC to connect with the printer.
- Also, check the scanner to make sure there is nothing in between the scanner and the tray.
- There are sensors on the paper path which are positioned on the sides of the paper tray. If these small sensors are covered with dust, it is possible that printer might not initiate the self-start process. Make sure you keep the optical sensors and paper print sensors clean and dry.
By following the tips mentioned above, you can try to address Epson Printer error code E-01 by yourself. In case you are unable to fix the issue, it is advisable to seek professional help to avoid increasing the complexity of the issue. However, trusting the professionals when it comes to printer fix will reduce the risk involved and safeguard your device from potential damages due to manual errors.
Get trusted assistance +1-888-877-0901 Choose best in class printer solutions
Struggling with print repair issues? Looking for ways to deal with error code E-01? If you do not happen to be a tech savvy person and if you fail to possess knowledge about the technicalities related to computers or printers, you can reach our tech professionals at Epson Support. Our skilled engineers are available 24*7 to provide you with excellent solutions and resolve all your printer issues completely. Discuss the errors with our printer experts and you will receive immediate assistance in your budget.